With BBQs and summer gatherings in full swing, you may be looking for some recipe inspiration to try this season. Well fear not – Colief has you covered with some of our top picks to try this summer that are sure to be a hit with friends and family! Summer smoothie – if you are
Daily Immune Boost Vitamins For Mum & Baby
Sunshine Vitamin D
What Is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is produced in our skin when we are exposed to sunlight. It helps our bodies to absorb calcium and phosphorous for healthy bones. It is also needed to support the immune system.
There Are Two Types Of Vitamin D:
- D2: is the plant-derived form1 which is provided by some supplements and found in very small amounts in some mushrooms2
- D3: is the type formed by sunlight and found in some food sources, and is thought to be the preferred form as it lasts longer in the body1
Sources Of Vitamin D
Sunlight is the main source of vitamin D. However not all of us get enough vitamin D from sunlight on our skin when we are outside, particularly during the winter months, as in the UK between October and early March, we don’t get any vitamin D from sunlight.
Vitamin D Is Only Found In These Foods:
Vitamin D Deficiency
Who Should Take Vitamin D Supplements?
Particular At-Risk Groups Include:
Babies who receive less than 500 ml of infant formula a day5
Breastfed babies from birth5
All pregnant & breastfeeding woman5
Those aged 65 years or older5
People with limited sun exposure5
Colief Vitamin D3 Drops is a natural food supplement giving you the reassurance that both you and your baby are getting the right amount of vitamin D, vital for developing strong teeth and bones and a healthy immune system.
Colief Vitamin D3 Drops is offered in the preferred form of vitamin D3, the drops can be mixed with food or a drink or taken directly by mouth. Colief Vitamin D3 Drops do not contain flavourings, added sugar, preservatives or colourant.
After being tested by 100 parents and an expert panel from a broad range of areas relating to parenting & child, product design and healthcare the National Parenting Product Awards revealed the results of the 2020 Awards.
Colief Vitamin D3 Drops has won bronze in the National Parenting Product Awards.
Daily Immune Boost with Vitamin C
What Is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can strengthen your body’s natural defences. Antioxidants are molecules that boost the immune system.
Vitamin C has several important functions, which include:
- Supporting the immune system
- Supporting the absorption of iron
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Normal metabolism
- Functioning of the nervous system
- Collagen production, needed in the formation of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
All important for the development of young children.
Sources Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning your body can’t produce it. Yet, it has many roles and has been linked to impressive health benefits. It’s water-soluble and found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and spinach.
Vitamin C Is Found In These Foods:
While it’s commonly advised to get your vitamin C intake from foods, many people turn to supplements to meet their needs. Vitamin C cannot be stored in the body, so you need it in your diet every day.
Vitamin C deficiency
Vitamin C deficiency is relatively rare in developed countries due to the availability of fresh produce and the addition of vitamin C to certain foods and supplements. Persistent lack of vitamin C in your diet can lead to a condition called scurvy. Symptoms of scurvy include easy bruising, easy bleeding and joint and muscle pains. Vitamin C deficiency can be treated with supplements of vitamin C and a diet rich in vitamin C.
Suitable for all the family, Colief Vitamin C Drops is a food supplement rich in vitamin C and free from yeast, gluten, corn, starch, wheat, nut, soy and dairy. Easily added to milk, juice, or tea it can be taken by children aged one year upwards. Colief Vitamin C Drops is a convenient, sugar-free daily supplement, and is produced without artificial flavours, colours, or preservatives.
Become Part Of Our Community
Head on over to our Facebook page; you’ll find lots of beautiful baby photos and heartwarming stories shared by the mums and dads of our community. We also have lots of exciting competitions and giveaways for you to get involved in!
Read Our Blog
Whilst you might associate the common cold with the winter months, a cold is actually prevalent every season, especially in younger children whose immune systems are still developing. Below we’ve listed some top tips for your family should you be hit with the common cold this summer! Make sure you get plenty of rest and
Summer is finally here! And whilst we may not be able to travel abroad for our holidays this summer, that doesn’t mean you and the family can’t replicate the perfect holiday here in the UK! We’ve compiled a list of our favourite places to visit on your doorstep that won’t make you feel like you’re
1. Houghton, LA. Vieth, R. (2006) The case against vitamin D2 as a vitamin supplement. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17023693.
2. Infant and Toddler Forum (2014) Preventing Vitamin D Deficiency in Toddlers https://www.infantandtoddlerforum.org/media/upload/pdf-downloads/4.7_Preventing_Vitamin_D_ Deficiency_in_Toddlers.pdf.
3. Public Health England and Food Standards Agency (2014) National Diet and Nutrition Survey: results from Years 1 to 4 (combined) of the rolling programme for 2008 and 2009 to 2011 and 2012 https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/national-diet- and-nutrition-survey-results-from-years-1-to-4-combined-of-the-rollingprogramme- for-2008-and-2009-to-2011-and-2012.
4. Public Health England (2016) PHE publishes new advice on vitamin D. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/phe-publishes-new-advice-on-vitamin-d
5. NHS (2017) Vitamin D. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vitamins-minerals/Pages/Vitamin-D.aspxtings.