We think we speak for everyone when we say we can’t believe we have already reached October! With the Autumn season now in full swing, and nature displaying those beautiful golden hues, now is the perfect opportunity to get your little ones wrapped up and your walking shoes on to explore the beautiful walking routes the UK has to offer. Below we’ve listed our top locations to visit this season and really embrace this beautiful time of year 🍂
- Cotswolds – the Cotswolds are famous for its beautiful villages and stunning views, which is why it’s also perfect to take the family on an Autumn walk. With endless greenery and beautiful traditional English villages, this is the perfect place to explore and get cosy this season.
- South Downs – if you’re trying to find a way to get away from the hustle and bustle of life, the South Downs is the perfect spot to visit. Comprising of dry valleys and a vast sea of green, the South Downs National Park is one of Britain’s most precious landscapes and perfect for a family walk or bike ride.
- Cornwall – if you feel like you want to be a bit more adventurous and take things further than a walk, we recommend heading to Cornwall and exploring their beautiful beaches and rock pools. Nothing beats that fresh salty sea air, and will be sure to be a popular activity for all the family, including the dog!
- Dorset – if you’re looking for a walking location that offers something for all levels, Dorset is the perfect place. Dorset has an abundance of walking routes, so if you want to take it slower with your little ones, or a more challenging climb with your older ones, Dorset provides a stunning landscape perfect for each route.
- Lake District – Autumn is one of the most peaceful and also beautiful times to visit the Lakes. From gentle ambles to more challenging hikes, the National Trust has a vast amount of places to visit in the Lake District – click here to delve further and pick the perfect spot for you and your family!
Check out our other blogs