What better way to fill your half-term then with some Halloween creepy activities! If you’re looking for ideas for you and the family to get in the spooky spirit, we’ve listed below some of our top suggestions that will guarantee to keep your little one entertained.
- Pumpkin carving and decorating– perhaps the most obvious of the Halloween activities, but none the less still the most fun – pumpkin carving and decorating is a great way to get those creative juices flowing (quite literally with all the pumpkin scooping!) If you’re looking for tips and ideas of how to do this with your children, check these top tips here.
- Halloween baking – trying out some Halloween baking with your little ones is a great activity for them to get involved in, not only is it a great skill for them to develop but can be enjoyed by the whole family! If you need some inspiration, we love the look of these recipes here.
- Fancy dress – if you’re hosting a Halloween party this year; or trying out some trick or treating with the family, then this is the perfect opportunity to get your creepy costume out! Whether you want to try your hand at making your own or doing a bit of shopping, this is something the whole family can get involved in and enjoy together. Want some costume ideas? Check these out for some initial inspiration!
- Film night – if you are looking for a cosier at-home Halloween activities, why not have a film night with the family? Get the blankets out, fairy lights on, tuck into your delicious Halloween baked goods and put on some iconic Halloween films! This article has some great suggestions that are suitable for all the family.
- Re-use your pumpkin – you may find after the Halloween period is over, you’re left with lots of unused pumpkins and squashes. However instead of throwing them away, there are plenty of ways for you to get further use out of them. You can find lots of pumpkin recipes here – or if you’re not a fan of the taste of pumpkin, there are some other great ideas here on how to use up your pumpkin, including making a face masks or building a bird buffet!
For similar content head to our blogs page