Whilst you might associate the common cold with the winter months, a cold is actually prevalent every season, especially in younger children whose immune systems are still developing. Below we’ve listed some top tips for your family should you be hit with the common cold this summer!
- Make sure you get plenty of rest and sleep – whilst this might sound obvious, it’s important you aren’t taking on too much and getting to bed at a good time to speed up your recovery.
- Ensure you are drinking plenty of water (fruit juice or squash mixed with water is also OK!) to avoid dehydration.
- To help ease the discomfort of colds, why not try the Colief Breathe Easy range, which contains a unique blend of natural ingredients which offer a soothing solution for easy breathing. The range comes in either a patch or a vapour rub stick format, which can be easily applied to you or your child’s chest for a good nights rest!
- Make sure to wash your hands regularly to reduce the spread of the cold – which of course we all very well-rehearsed in this past year.
- Vitamin C has often been cited as a good precaution against catching the common cold – so try and eat plenty of fruit and veg, including dark green, leafy veg like chard and spinach, peppers, broccoli, peas, kiwi fruit and citrus. You might also want to try our new Colief Vitamin C Drops – a food supplement rich in vitamin C and free from yeast, gluten, corn, starch, wheat, nut, soy and dairy, that’s suitable for all the family!