Summer is finally here! And whilst we may not be able to travel abroad for our holidays this summer, that doesn’t mean you and the family can’t replicate the perfect holiday here in the UK! We’ve compiled a list of our favourite places to visit on your doorstep that won’t make you feel like you’re missing out:
Best places for long scenic walks
- Norfolk coast path: Cromer to Sheringham
- Norfolk’s fairly flat countryside means it’s perfect for an easy hike on beautiful sunny day! You also have the stretch of seaside path from Cromer to Sheringham to walk along, so can take in the scenic views of the sea.
- Thames path: Marlow to Cookham
- Inspired by the Wind in the Willows, the Thames path has a long watery and wooded route for you to explore, and you also have the option to hop on a train at the end back to Marlow should you be all walked out.
- Lake District’s: Coniston Round
- Known for its mountains, glacial lakes and market towns, the Lake District National Park is one of England’s most beloved destinations, and the stunning route known as Coniston Round takes in some of the most breathtaking scenery the park has to offer.
Best for beaches
- Camber Sands, Sussex
- Camber Sands is the perfect place to take your family this summer. With its wide and golden sands, you’ll feel like you are on holiday!
- Holkham Beach, Norfolk
- Considered one of the best-looking beaches in the UK, Holkham has starred in many a film and pop video, with its an enormous sandy stretch backed by a lush nature reserve
- Porthcurno Beach, Cornwall
- To look at a picture of this beach, you’d think it was on a tropical island. Small but perfectly formed, this little turquoise bay is the stuff that dreams are made of. You may also find dolphins and basking sharks in the calm waters too!